Any non sentra vehicle
By jamaul08
Ok, so this thread dedicated to my 1986 and 1990 FC3S RX-7s.

1986 FC3S RX-7:
-S4 N/A 13b rotary engine with automatic trans - Jan 2014 - engine and trans both removed
-New fuel pump (&filter) purchased and installed. - May 2013
-Driver side window installed - Jan 2014

The plans:
-Will be kept N/A-auto for daily driving.
-Now that the engine and trans are out, the car will be towed back home for bodywork/paint.
-N/A engine will be rebuilt later this year.
-Auto trans will need a new wiring harness.

1990 FC3S RX-7:

Currently Installed-
-13B Turbo engine - rebuilt Jan 2016
-Wolf v500 ecu (complete standalone) and v500 dash unit
-Magnum 60-1 | 65 T4 .68 A/R Turbo w/ billet wheel upgrade
-Greddy Profec B Spec 2 Boost Controller
-Apexi N1 Dual Exhaust
-Blitz 40mm BOV (x2)
-Tial 44mm wastegate
-"V-mount" cooling setup
-Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
-1200/1600cc injectors
-Cooling Mist Stage 1 Water/Meth Injection Kit (M1 Methanol)
-Lightweight Flywheel
-Competition Clutch Stage 4
-GTUs rear differential with LSD (4.3 final drive)
-Cusco adjustable coilovers
-Front and Rear sway bars
-Mazdatrix rear camber adjustment link

Coming Soon (some of these are tentative)-
-Energy Suspension Polyurethane Master Bushing Kit

Last edited by jamaul08 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:18 am, edited 11 times in total.
By jamaul08
The crazy thing is I think the only thing stopping this car from cranking is the aftermarket alarm system that has a built-in starter/ignition lock. The 2nd pic is me trying to disable it ahaha. I almost have it completed removed, but will need to splice some wires back together.
By CVTmodderelite
interesting. btw, what is ziptied to the A/C lines running across the firewall. looks newer then everything else.
By Jack08specv
You may have a problem with the coolant leaking into the engine since it was siting for so long with the coolant still in there.
it may have eaten through the gasket or even the block. just a thought.
By CVTmodderelite
jamaul08 wrote:It's a "rocker". Part of the alarm system. If the car moves.... that thing shakes and triggers the alarm.

Ahh ok, thank you.
By jamaul08
Jack08specv wrote:You may have a problem with the coolant leaking into the engine since it was siting for so long with the coolant still in there.
it may have eaten through the gasket or even the block. just a thought.

Yea, I'm prepping the engine to be pulled, so that we can take a closer look. It is going to be sold as scrap though, as I am purchasing a new one.
By BoostedB16
My first turbo car was an rx7 :D .... I had an 86 that I did a s5 t2 swap. Had the engine rebuilt with a street port... car was fun on the stock turbo but I eventually trade for a turbo integra :facepalm: . The Integra blew up within 1 week

Miss rotary s though....
By WhiteLightning05
This gen RX7 was always my favorite :)

Should be a great project :thumbup:
By jamaul08
Ok, moved the 99 maxima out of the way yesterday. Tow truck will be coming to haul it off to scrap yard in a few days.

Time to pull the RX into the garage and start sanding!
By WhiteLightning05
jamaul08 wrote:Ok, moved the 99 maxima out of the way yesterday. Tow truck will be coming to haul it off to scrap yard in a few days.

:o :o :o

No more Maxi??? :( :( :(
By 07BlackSpecV
WhiteLightning05 wrote:
jamaul08 wrote:Ok, moved the 99 maxima out of the way yesterday. Tow truck will be coming to haul it off to scrap yard in a few days.

:o :o :o

No more Maxi??? :( :( :(

Thank God, Maximas are bloated commuter cars.
By nissanguru

Hell yea bro give me a call anytime you need an extra hand!!
By jamaul08
Stopped by 3 Face Racing during lunch. The owner is going to see if they've got everything in stock to build me a 13bt. This may turn out to be a cheaper option for me because if I get a used engine it will need to be rebuilt anyway.

He requires a 50% deposit and about a month to build it. He's got my number and will call me when he has gone through the inventory.

The plan is to have the engine built and ready for install at the shop. Once the body is completely stripped and primed for paint I'll have it towed to the shop for drivetrain installation.
By jamaul08
I'm also shopping around for the 4-piston mazda calipers and 5 lug hubs (they were not an option on the model FC I have). Last time I looked they were going cheap... like 200-300 for full 5-lug swap, including calipers and rotors (vented).

Need to decide on what standalone ECU I want. Looking at BC for coils.
By blkb16specv
I used to have an FC like this one stripped out as my daily driver!! Didn't even have a passenger seat. I got rid of it because it was a massive ticket magnet, even had a drug dog run through it once... guess the cop didn't understand there were no hiding places.

Also mine idle hunted from 1200-3500 rpm regularly and was straightpiped, kind of a bad combination haha
By jamaul08
blkb16specv wrote:I used to have an FC like this one stripped out as my daily driver!! Didn't even have a passenger seat. I got rid of it because it was a massive ticket magnet, even had a drug dog run through it once... guess the cop didn't understand there were no hiding places.

Also mine idle hunted from 1200-3500 rpm regularly and was straightpiped, kind of a bad combination haha

Ahhh yes, the infamous straight pipe lol

I'll only be takin her out on the weekends and maybe 1 or 2 nights during the week for fun. I hope the cops stay off my ass, but that's asking for a lot these days :P
By blkb16specv
I feel like youll be alright, or at least in better shape than i was...

I found a picture from when i sold the car to demonstrate the extend of what a cop magnet it truly was....

What kind of exhaust should I get?

trunbendz is good to Sent from my iPhone using T[…]

I got my annual bonus and wanted to get myself so[…]

Going 140 km/h+ 2012 specv

even on a modified motor things get hot after 5k […]

Fresh meat from NC

welcome looks like a nice clean car to start your […]