Fully loaded.
6.0 Powerstroke
4x4
Long Bed

---------------------------------

Added Edge Insight electronic gauges.

Yea! Love my gauges!

Gauges told me shit was broken. I fix it.

I'm the shit. Had all this done in less than 3 hours. It's taken other stupid redneck fucks over 3 days just to remove the turbo.

Yea, I'm talking to you Josh. Westcoaststrokemynutz you fucking fag.

After about 6 more hours of work.

How she sits as of now. 08Feb11

Bunch of my parts scattered around

Other parts including my intake manifold (The U thingy) and the EGR Cooler that is prone to failure and my fan shroud.

Turbo

The new oil cooler.

The EGR cooler.

----------------------------------------------

Primed up intake manifold.

Turbo pedestal before paint.

Turbo before work.

Important pieces capped off.

Marking the V-Band clamp for location of split and direction of bolt.

Turbo VGT solenoid cam location. (Variable Geometric Turbo)

Turbo pedestal on the pedestal after flat black paint.

V-Band unbolted.

The turbine exposed. You can also see the way the VGT works. Those little fins move and open/close to allow/restrict the exhaust flow to the turbo, effectively making it a anysize turbo from minimum to maximum. Smaller turbos spool at lower speeds, bigger turbos at higher speeds. This is the best of all worlds.

Turbine housing. You can see where the lobes were actuating. This turbo is actually in pretty good condition and I only did this because I had it out and had the kit sitting in my garage for about a year.

Part number for a new unison ring. The unison ring is what actuates the lobes.

New unison ring installed and lobes cleaned up. Looking good.

Cleaned up turbine housing.

I also painted the intake manifold a flat black with super high temp paint. I guess I forgot to get pictures of the intake manifold/ and turbo drain tube all painted up. Oh well. It's fucking cold outside and you guys can wait another day.

------------------------------------------

Truck is back together and driving. Sorry I didn't get re-install pics but I'm tired and I just wanted to get things done. What I did grab however is a picture of my oil cooler cut open. This is what happens.

The circles there show the coolant passages (the thinner ones) and how that gummy redish stuff is in there. That is silicates and other junk that have come loose and clogged the oil cooler up. The coolant doesn't make it by the passages to cool of the oil that is in the bigger passages.

Lemme get the truck cleaned up and just get rested and I will try to get some nicer pics. She drives really good minus a exhaust leak that I just can't get to.

----------------------------------------------

Added this video.

New Nitto Terra Grappler 33" tires.
1st things first I have new fuel filters and a strategy downgrade (older flash is a lot better so I haggled it into the deal to get reflashed to a older strategy).

Coolant flush and refilled with diesel coolant (Ford's stock Gold coolant is the main failure point on these trucks.

Straight pipe.

Intake (Just got to put it on if it fits)

T5 oil change (thinner oil)

Then EGR cooler delete.

Then performance chip.
Movin up in the world. Nice truck...my F150 feels inadequate...
Nice truck Brando. What's with the flag in the background? You buy it in Texas somewhere?
looks comfy. Nice purchase, price and mileage may i ask?
i like it alot, always wanted one
Update. Pictures in first post.

I bought a custom tuned SCT X3 tuner today that should be good for another 150hp to the wheels and about 200ftlbs.

I also bought a Edge Insight CS to monitor all my shit and so that I don't have gauges everywhere.

1k in a matter of minutes.
obsidian wrote:I bought a custom tuned SCT X3 tuner today that should be good for another 150hp to the wheels and about 200ftlbs..

Holy crap...
Diggin the Green and tan two tone.
his other powerjoke was a 6.blow

dude...really..long bed.... :punchballs: :facepalm:
Gas Needle/Gauge

When I fill up sometimes my needle goes all the wa[…]

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge