2007-2012
So it was warm today so I got the plasti dip out and had some fun.
Before
After
Finally the chrome is gone. And met up with some friends after haha

And funny thing happened, I was saying my good bye thread on 8th gen (civic forum) some guy messaged me and asked for my address. He had a sentra and he totaled it. He had a P2R throttle body spacer he never put on and just gave it to me, didn't even want me to pay shipping. I put that on the other day. Can't really tell a difference.

Well it's been awhile since I've posted in this. So far the only thing I've done to the car is put a 2j racing crank pulley and a p2r tb spacer on and I just bought a header and shift non today. Pulley does a lot of difference than I thought it would.
Well this car pissed me off last night

Took it to the drag strip last night since I got the pulley on and I was running 93 with octane booster to see if I could beat my 9.60. Idk if it was the weather or what but I couldn't get past 9.82
I torque steered a lot off the line but I don't see that being .2 seconds slower. I even speed shifted. I hope when my header gets here from 1darkv it will help.
I've read that octane boosters doesn't really do anything power wise to a car and that some might even gunk up your fuel filters. What was the temp like outside? Oh and the header will definitely improve the car. It was night and day comparison when I was stock and after I installed the Megan.
I'm getting tired of this car already. I went and washed my car today. Pressure washer was at least 2 feet away from the car and it stripped the paint. Went straight to nissan and its not covered under warranty. So I decided to go to former SpecV owner tanners house to put the header on. Took 4-5 hours to get the stock one out. Already pissed off it too so long I went to transfer o2 sensors. The bottom left one stripped and has no thread. So I live in WV and my car is stuck in Ohio in pieces. Thank god my buddy let me borrow his BMW. I think when this car is paid off more its going to be traded.
We've all had the issue with the stock header. Hell, I didn't have my car for a week because I stripped both the top sensors and had to purchase two new ones. Good thing I found them on eBay as the local Nissan dealership was gonna charge me $400 each. The paint issue I've been having the same thing, but it's not stripping, it's fading on the front/rear bumpers and side skirts. Good ol' Mexican paint job at its best.
Greasemonky wrote:Good to know ill be extra carful with the 02s when I get a header

Use PB and soak it for hours before attempting to remove them (Sam told me this after the fact :facepalm: ). It'll make your life a hell of a lot easier. Oh and if you're installing a header might as well change the DP as well while you're down there.
SteveoSpecV wrote:Well this car pissed me off last night. Took it to the drag strip last night since I got the pulley on and I was running 93 with octane booster to see if I could beat my 9.60. Idk if it was the weather or what but I couldn't get past 9.82
I torque steered a lot off the line but I don't see that being .2 seconds slower. I even speed shifted. I hope when my header gets here from 1darkv it will help.

Octane booster doesn't do anything good. It's a marketing ploy. if you truly 100% want my advice on your 1/8th mile time post up both of your timeslips side by side for me to compare as well as a list of mods, track temps etc. This was done at the same track around the same time of the year right?

SteveoSpecV wrote:Well it was a hot humid day, but we started racing when the sub went down. It was a little humid at 75 degrees

Humidity kills performance.

SteveoSpecV wrote:I'm getting tired of this car already. I went and washed my car today. Pressure washer was at least 2 feet away from the car and it stripped the paint. Went straight to nissan and its not covered under warranty. So I decided to go to former SpecV owner tanners house to put the header on. Took 4-5 hours to get the stock one out. Already pissed off it too so long I went to transfer o2 sensors. The bottom left one stripped and has no thread. So I live in WV and my car is stuck in Ohio in pieces. Thank god my buddy let me borrow his BMW. I think when this car is paid off more its going to be traded.

Basically by reading these 3 posts you hate your car because of your decision making.

The paint thing could be legitimate defect which I would fight for, but your driving in the 1/4 is not the cars fault, especially if the conditions were different etc. The information available on this site could have shown you it will take several hours to install a header in addition to the fact that the sensors frequently strip or break and require replacement. My header install without a lift took 6-8 hours. I was also one of the first ones to do it. I broke both my sensors.

My turbo kit was marketed as an 8 hour professional install. It took 3 almost 12 hour days to get it in due to odd's and end's missing parts, no lift, etc.

That was no ones fault, especially not the cars.

If you treat all your future cars this way you'll be trading in cars frequently. I'm not saying this to be a dick or anything, just trying to put some logic out there so you're not upset.
I agree with Evan 100% Sounds like you hate your car because you have misconstrued ideas of your car. I luckily didn't break my O2 sensors on my header install, but it took me 2 days working by myself with a pair of jack stands. I had to get a "stripped bolt kit" to get my alternator off. None of this was the fault of the car, however. I would be a little pissed about the paint, and like Evan said, I'd fight for that one. If all else fails, file a comprehensive claim with your Insurance company and get the entire car repainted for the price of your deductible. Also, you're driving a N/A 4 cylinder car. You can't expect too much out of it in a straight line. Where the Spec-V shines is in the turns. If you're disappointed with your drag strip times, start picking up Auto-X and you'll probably do fairly well there. I suggest that you do more reading before trying to install more parts that way you have a better understanding of what's ahead of you.

Fits b17 Sentra SV? If so I will give you $280 for[…]

Today I checked my coolant level and oil as a basi[…]

I'm a strong advocate for lowering and some mildl[…]

Well, this is a bit off topic from my car but it d[…]